Thursday, July 17, 2014

INTO PAST WITH PAIN. 3 1 3

                 INTO PAST WITH PAIN.  3  1 3                           
                                            Dr K Prabhakar Rao
Gandhi , Patel and  Nehru are   seen chatting in heavens in Gandhis room. 

Gandhi. Bhai Patel, How about getting registered for a Ph D program. I am very keen.

Nehru. Why Bapu, Now? What you gain out of it.

Gandhi.Look. Now adays I find all clowns using the title Dr In front of their names.How we are less?

Nehru. I was awarded Doctorates by many universities In world during my tenure as the PM of India

Patel. We know that. We are    proud of it. We are also very proud that you do not use Dr in front of your name.You are known as Pandit meaning learned man.

Nehru. Thanks Patel.

Gandhi. But I find that  some filmi nuts  and some politicinas who can not even  speak well and rustic are awarded these honorary doctorates by various universities and these clowns write Dr in front of their names proudly.

Patel. These days universities award these doctorates to all sundry probably after collecting some  heavy donation.

Gandhi. I think it is a fact.But I do not want such degrees. I want to earn  by hard work.

Patel. In that case, you have to  sweat and work hard at a university after getting registered.

Gandhi. I know that.

Patel. Bapu. Getting registered is not that easy

Gandhi. Why?

Patel. It is like that.There are vested  interests.I heard that from the time of registration for Ph D program, we have to wet that hands of officials. The guide who has to sign the form of application is the first guy in the line with extended palm. Then at every stage there is a guy extending palm.

Gandhi. What a shit indeed.

Patel. Bapu. This is India, where nothing moves without dolling out bribe

Gandhi. Now Modiji has become the PM. I am sure things will change

Patel. What Modiji can do? No one reports or complains. The drama eternally goes on.

Gandhi. That means I can never get registered.

Patel. I think so.

Gandhi. I shall fight against this. I shall fast infront of the University.  He gets up from the chair and gets excited. He looks at sky and sings and also waves hands wildly.

Look oh guys, Here my word now
I am taking an oath in earnest spirit
I shall soon end the corrupt practice
And will earn the  doctorate with great grit

Nehru. Hear . hear.. Bapu you are great.

Patel. Bapu. You can not do this. Your days are over. You have to fall in line if you want to get a Ph D.

Gandhi.Oh God, What a country this India is.

Patel. Bapu. With  tightening the norms by UGC the craving for Ph D  has increased.Universities prescribe Ph D  even for a lecturers job. By the by Bapu, in which field you want to do research.

Gandhi. I have not yet made up my mind.

Patel. I suggest that you concentrate  on the research field itself. Your title must read “ Studies into the aspects of carrying out pseudo doctoral studies in India n universities   with respect to  corruption, nepotism, exploitation by the guides,  officialdom and  all concerned”

Gandhi. It is a very good suggestion indeed.But who will  register such controversial topic? Which guide /Supervisor will sign my papers.

Patel. Bapu. All is posible. You pay and get things done. You wil get live example from your life itself

Gandhi. That is nice.

Nehru. Bapu, If you accept Patels  sugestion you will never realise your aim.

Patel. Jawaharlal, Then you suggest some thing.You are a Pandit.

Nehru. I suggest  your topic should be “The hard truths of partiotion of India and the failure of MK Gandhi.

Patel. Hee..heee. Can Bapu accept his failure?

Gandhi. Why not? I am straight forwards. I speak truth.But I am inclined  more for patels  suggested topic

Patel. Then you must go ahead soon.

Gandhi. Let us get a application from Chamanlal technical university. I know some guys there.

                                              ‘The trio proceeds to the University


                                                                  CURTAIN FALLS

No comments: