Saturday, December 22, 2012

INTO THE PAST WITH PAIN..281



                                          INTO THE PAST WITH PAIN…281

                                                   Dr K Prabhakar Rao

                Gandhi, Nehru and Patel are seen in Ahmedabad streets. They are standing at  roadside shop and looking at people. People are seen in  groups  and found chatting.

Gandhi. Patel.  This is my state. I was  born in this state.

Patel. Me too. I am very happy  to be here. Jawaharlal how do you find this place?

Nehru. I feel as usual. I do not belong to this state. I am from UP. But I like every place.

Gandhi. That is good spirit. I was told that elections are being conducted here.

Patel. Bapu. Elections are over. To day the results are out.

Gnadhi. What happened?

Patel. Whatever expected happened. Modiji won hands down. Congress party lost badly. They  were beaten badly at the elections.

Gandhi. But congress party was confident that it would win.

Patel. Hee..heee.

Nehru. What is there to laugh? These things happen in elections.

Patel. Jawaharlal. Rahul baba the young prince was given the command in Gujrat to lead battle against Modiji.

Gandhi. Some one has to do that job. They found Rahul suitable. After all he has to be trained before he becomes the PM. Haa..Haa.Haaa

Nehru. Bapu. I am hurt. Why do you laugh? Why Rahul can not be PM? He is like any other leader.

Gandhi. Did I say that he can not become the PM?

Nehru. You did not say that. But you sounded differently.

Gandhi. Please do not imagine things. How I am bothered whether he becomes or not?

Nehru. I am sure you are not happy with my words.

Gandhi. I am not at all  worried. What I say is truth. Congress party launched him  with lot of fan fare as if he was going to Panipat war. I saw in news paper his snap with a turban.

Nehru. What is wrong if he puts on a turban.

Gandhi. Nothing is wrong. But sporting turban  will not get him votes. If turbans get votes, every one will wear turban .

Nehru. Patel. You are quiet. What happened?

Patel. I am listening. Rahul  was at the helm in UP lections. He goofed up and Congress lost badly in UP. Yadavas ousted his party. He now  does not know what to do. Now in Gujrat also story is repeated.

Gandhi. Hee..heee.. But Dr Man Mohan singh sahib and Sonia ji were also in Gujarat canvassing.

Patel.  They only blamed Modi. But people know who is what. They have shown in results. Now congress party is out in Gujarat. They have to sit in opposition and shout around. Modiji has done wonders.  All congress guys are tight lipped and keeping quiet.

Gandhi.  There is a term called iron leg.

Nehru. What does it mean?

Patel. I know it. The  guy who brings in only defeats and losses is called iron leg.

Nehru. Do you call the prince iron leg?

Gandhi. Did I say that?

Patel. I also did not say that.

Gandhi. Any  how,  congress party received good bashing in Gujarat. Next 5 years, they will be  doing leather hunting. I am sure Modiji will be the BJP candidate for the Delhi seat.

Patel. Surely. Congress will be having jitters. The trick of Muslim votes did not work. They have to do some  introspection with open hearts.

Gandhi. If they have open hearts ,so many scams would not have happened. They unleashed scams galore.

Patel. Haa..Haa..Haaa.. Well done Modiji. God bless you.

Gandhi. I also bless him. Well done my boy. May god bless  him.

( In the mean time , many vehicles with people waving flags and raising slogans.. Jai ho Modiji… Jai ho.. speed past the trio who look curiously at them.)

Gandhi. Nice day we had. I am happy today. Congress tamasha did not work. In fact after getting independence, I demanded that the Congress party be scrapped. People did not listen. Jawaharlal, you did not listen to me. Look What is happening to day..

(Nehru   looks otherway as if he did not listen)

Patel. It is time we leave. Soon there will be fire works  here. It is better we leave.

Gandhi. True. Better we leave this place.

( The trio walks away)

                                       CURTAIN FALLS

No comments: