Saturday, December 8, 2012

CHARMINAR.. FUNTIME...MORE FUN





                                    CHARMINAR... FUN TIME .. MORE FUN
                                              Dr K Prabhakar Rao


8
Laxman.. Bhai Arif miya. How are you?
Arif. I am fine. How are you?
Lazxman. I am also fine. What are you doing now a days?
Arif. I am running a small tyre repair shop in old city.
Laxman. Tahts i fine. Where is it?
Arif. Near Charminar.
Laxman. Oh Charminar, That is great
Arif. Whaat is great about it? Now a days I am having bad business.
Laxman. Why?
Arif. No vehicles are being allowed there.
Laxman. Then who is allowed there?
Arif. Only police men, that too with very thick helmets
Laxman. Why very thick helmets. People have no guns . At best they will throw stones at them.
Arif. But at times stones fall down from top of charminar minarets on them as a curse..
Laxman. aaa..aa..aa eee..ee I am done.. eeeeee
( Laxman screams and falls down)
9
Arif. Hello old man where are you going. You look weak.
Kuli. I am Mohammed Kuli.
Arif. Hope you are not Mohammed Kuli Kutubshah.
Kuli. That I am
Arif. But you died many many years ago. I saw your grave also near Golconda
Kuli. Yes the grave is there. I am out of it now
Arif. Why?
Kuli. I want to see my Charminar.
Arif. It is no more your Charminar.
Kuli. Why? I built it then, with my money and brains
Arif. It was public money bhai. But you can not go there.
Kuli. Why? I am the king. this is my Hyderabad and this is my Charminar.
Arif. Only police men will be there. It belongs to them
Kuli.So be it. When Golconda fell to Aurangzeb all around Hyderabad only graves were there.One day Charminar will fall as no one takes care of it and none will be around that day.
Arif. Eee..eeee.. Is it a curse.. a aaaa..aaa..
( Arif screams and falls down )


10
Kuli. Look bhai sahib, I am Kuli
Police man. So what. How it matters to me. You may be Kuli orUli
Kuli. You can not speak to me like that.
Police man. Why? Are you a governor of this place.
Kuli. Do you know me? If you know you shall not speak like that.
Police man. Are you so great? But you look so old and shaggy.
Kuli. I am Mohammed Kuli.
Police man. Earier you said you were Kuli. Now you say you are Mohammed Kuli. How it matters. I think I am wasting my time here.
Kuli. No Bhai. You are getting wiser every second. Do you know who built this great Charminar?
Police man. I am least bothered who built it.
Kuli. Have you heard about Kutubshahi sultans who ruled at Golconda?
Police man. I heard about them.
Kuli. Now you can guess who built this Charminar.
Police man. Look Bhai. Every thing in AP is state is named after Rajiv Gandhi. I am sure Charminar was built by him. It has to be named Rajiv Minar.
( Kuli screams loudly and collapses face down wards. )

11
Police man.( speaking over cell phone) SI Sahib. This Chalooram. Constable 421 speaking. A guy has fainted here near Charminar.
SI ( Over phone) Keep waiting. I will be there in a minute.
Chalooram. Sir. In Hyderabadi language one minute means 10 minutes.
SI. hee..hee.. Please do not worry. I will be there.
( Soon SI arrives and sees KULI on ground)
SI. Who is he?
Chalooram. He says his name is KULI
SI. How he fainted.
Chalooram. He asked me who built Charminar
SI. What did you say? Do you know it atleast.
Chalooram. I told him that it was built by Rajiv Gandhi.
SI. Are you mad? Rajiv lived in recent years while Charminar is 450 years old.
Chalooram. How do I know that he would faint?
SI. Let us take him to some hospital.
Chalooram. The nearest one is the Unanai hospital and next is Osmania hospital
SI. Forget about Unnani Hopsital. Let us take him to Osmania
Chalooram. Why to Osmainia sir?
SI. They have a mortury too.
( Chalooram screams loudly and faints)




                                           12
 
(SI rings up for 108 ambulance and tries to go away on motor cycle when he is stopped by an youth.)
Youth. I am Tej singh. I saw you and the constable talking some thing. Suddenly he fell down. Why you are leaving him?
SI. It is none of your business
Tej singh. Look SI Sahib. Be Humane. You are from same Departmnet. Can you leave him on road like this?
SI. I rang up for 108 Ambulance. It will come soon. I have some urgent work in station.
Tej singh. Does not matter. You can not leave him like this.
SI.Who are you to stop me?
Tej singh. This is Tej singh. I will not allow you to go like this.
SI. Are you in senses? You might be arrested.
Tej singh. What else can you do?
( A crowd collects there and gets restless )
SI. OK.OK. Relax. I shall wait till the vehicle arrives
Tej singh. That is good now.
SI. By the by where do you stay?
Tej singh. What is the need? I stay here itself around Charminar.
SI. Don't you have a house?
Tej singh. My house is Charminar.
SI. Do not joke. No one is allowed to live in that place. It is a monument.
Tej singh. But ghosts can stay. Who can stop them? Your law will not work with them.
SI ( Laughs) Are you a Ghost?
Tej singh. Please touch me if you can. There are many like me there.
( SI tries to catch hand of Tej singh and can not feel any thing.He attempts many times and faints ( He turns pale)
Tej singh.( Laughs) Hooo..Hua..Hua...Heee..heee..heee.. hoooo..hoooo
( SI shrieks loudly and faints flat on ground. People gather around him while Tej singh vanishes)
Note. Many people jumped from Charminar in its long history and died. Their ghosts surely haunt the place. No doubt the monument has acquired notorious reputation for communal troubles.

                                            13
(Tej singh Ghost is seen standing in balcony of Charminar. He looks normal. Some visitors arrive into balcony. Sultana, Mahesh and Fareed are among the visitors.)
Fareed. What a scene from here!
Mahesh. Yeah. Hyderabad looks great in fact.
Sultana. True. But only when police men are not there around.
Fareed. This place has become a police post. We can not enjoy sight seeing with the guys staring at us holding guns.
Sultna. What to do? Life is like this in Hyderabad.Kuli Kutub Shah must be crying hoarse.
Mahesh. Why he should cry? He has done his job. We are the culprits in fact.
( Tej singh appproaches them_)
Tej singh. It looks that you like Charminar.
Sultana. Who does not like this place?
Tej singh. True. All is well here except the frequent troubles and people fighting all over the place
Fareed. This is a part of game in democracy. Otherwise how guys would get votes?
Mahesh. AIMIM wants all votes in old city and BJP wants to oust AIMIM from old city.
Tej singh. It is fine now a days. You appear to be knowing about politics.
Sultana. That is the easiest thing at present. You do not need any qualification. You need to be a ruffian, crook and corrupt and tell lies, change statements very often.
Fareed. also patronize bunch of goondas too.You must have a Scorpio/ Safari/ Xylo/Fortunes /r atlesat TATA Sumo or Qualis vehicle. They are very much required to terrorize to grab power and votes.
Tej singh. You guys have forgotten to appreciate Charminar.
Fareed. While talking we are also appreciating.
Tej singh. Which is the best part of this Charminar?
Fareed. That is this balcony which is open to people.
Tej singh. Don't you like tall minarets?
Sultana. Unless you go up how can you appreciate? We are not allowed to go there.
Tej singh. They closed them for the fear of suicides from top.
Fareed. If some one wants to jump, this height is enough.
Tej singh. I once jumped from here.
Fareed. Yet you are alive?
Tej singh. Who said I am alive?
Fareed. Come on. Do not joke. If you really jumped you will not be talking to us.
Tej singh. I am telling truth. I really jumped. I am only the soul.
Sultana. eee...eeee..eee
Mahesh ( Loudly chants Hanuman Chalisa)Jai Hanuman gnan gun sagar Jai kappees thihu lok ujagar. Rama doot atulith bal Dhama anjani putra pavan suta nama...Bhoot pret nikat nahi aawe...
Tej singh. Oh No.. Hanumanji is coming.. run.. run..
( Tej singh vanishes into sky while the friends Fareed, Sultana and Mahesh quickly get down the Charminar never to return))






 


2 comments:

Dr K Prabhakar Rao said...

ONE MORE FUN

14

14
Fareed is seen walking near Charminar. He comes across Mahesh who is seen riding a bicycle.
Fareed. Hoi, Mahesh. Where are you going?
Mahesh. I am going to Talab katta to see my uncle
Fareed. Bhai. It is nearly four days since we met
Mahesh. True. Did you meet Sultana?
Fareed. No. She is out of station. She has gone to her aunt.
Mahesh. That is good for a change
Fareed. If she listens, she will give a good bashing
Mahesh. ( Haa..Haa..haa )I only joked
Fareed. How about going up on to Charminar?
Mahesh. Did you forget that day when we came across a bhoot
Fareed. I remember. We were little over reacted. Can there be ghosts? This is scientific age.
Mahesh. Ghosts will be always there.
Fareed. I do not believe.
Mahesh. It is OK. Wait for a minute.
( Mahesh gets down from bike and puts it on stand). Suddenly Fareed looks at the feet of Mahesh. They appear to be in reverse direction.)
Fareed. Mahesh. What happened to your feet? They look twisted. Did you fall any where?
Mahesh. Haa.. Haa..NO . No They are always like that. Ghosts have like that. I am not Mahesh.. hee..hee..hee
Fareed. eee...ee..eeeee.. save me .. Yaa Allah..
( Fareed screams loudly and faints and the ghost vanishes. People gather around Fareed))

Dr K Prabhakar Rao said...

YET ONE MORE FUN

14
Fareed is seen walking near Charminar. He comes across Mahesh who is seen riding a bicycle.
Fareed. Hoi, Mahesh. Where are you going?
Mahesh. I am going to Talab katta to see my uncle
Fareed. Bhai. It is nearly four days since we met
Mahesh. True. Did you meet Sultana?
Fareed. No. She is out of station. She has gone to her aunt.
Mahesh. That is good for a change
Fareed. If she listens, she will give a good bashing
Mahesh. ( Haa..Haa..haa )I only joked
Fareed. How about going up on to Charminar?
Mahesh. Did you forget that day when we came across a bhoot
Fareed. I remember. We were little over reacted. Can there be ghosts? This is scientific age.
Mahesh. Ghosts will be always there.
Fareed. I do not believe.
Mahesh. It is OK. Wait for a minute.
( Mahesh gets down from bike and puts it on stand). Suddenly Fareed looks at the feet of Mahesh. They appear to be in reverse direction.)
Fareed. Mahesh. What happened to your feet? They look twisted. Did you fall any where?
Mahesh. Haa.. Haa..NO . No They are always like that. Ghosts have like that. I am not Mahesh.. hee..hee..hee
Fareed. eee...ee..eeeee.. save me .. Yaa Allah..
( Fareed screams loudly and faints and the ghost vanishes. People gather around Fareed))
15
Mahesh ( Real ) is seen loitering near Charminar. His class mate Nazeem is seen at a shop. Mahesh goes to him.
Mahesh. Hoi. Nazeema bhai. What are you doing here?
Nazeem. ( A bit scared), Noithing..Nothing. I am purchasing a note book.
Mahesh. You stay near Abids. Do you need to come here to buy a note book?
Nazeem. Not like that. I came here to visit my relatives too.
Maesh. You never told me that you have relatives here.
Nazeem ( Laughs) How come we not have our relatives here? Ok. Bhai. I have some urgent work.
Mahesh. Come on. You are trying to avoid me. What is the matter? By the By have you seen Fareed?
Nazeem. I think you know about him.
Mahesh. Why I know ? If I know why should I ask you?
Nazeem. Every one knows about him. How come you do not know him.?
Mahesh. I went to Waranagal about a week ago.
Nazeem. Then who was he?
Mahesh. What is the matter? Is Fareed alright?
Nazeem. Please show your feet.
Mahesh. What is this silly thing? Why I should show you the feet? Any how please see.( He shows feet)
Nazeem. Your feet are OK. That means you are not a ghost.
Mahesh. Who said I am a ghost?
Nazeem. Last week Fareed met a guy named Mahesh and he was exactly like you. He was a ghost living in Charminar. Fareed collpased after knowing that he was a ghost.
Mahesh. But I am not a ghost. Now I have to worry about myself. Are you really Nazeem.
Nazeem. Come on! Do not act funny. Am I a ghost?
Mahesh. Things are like that. If you are free, let us have a look at Charminar.
Nazeem. We have seen it many times. Even then it is fine. We shall go ( They go to Charminar)
Mahesh. Look at the clocks. At last they are repaired.
Nazeem. But the clock is showing 1200 clock while now time is 5 PM as per my watch.
Mahesh. Let me see your watch. ( He sees it) Oh! This watch in fact belongs to me. I left in my house.
Nazeem. Hee..hee.. Ghosts can take any ones watch.
Mahesh. Are you ghost? Are you trying to scare me?
Nazeem. No. I am a Ghost Tej singh. Look at my face. I live in Charminar.
( Mahesh looks into Nazeems face and sees a skull)
(Mahesh loudly scrams and collapses. On lookers gather near them.)