Tuesday, July 3, 2012

INTO THE PAST WITHPAIN...270


              INTO THE PAST WITH PAIN..270
                                                                                                              
                                       Dr K Prabhakar Rao


(Gandhi, patel and Nehru   are seen at a Delhi road near Parliament. They are ins the usual dress. Patel is having a news paper in his hand. They are near a tea stall at roadside)

Patel. Bapu, How about having a cup of tea?

Gandhi. Nice idea. It is slightly cold too. Better we get warmed up.

Patel. Jawaharlal, How about you. Hope you will have one.

Nehru. I don’t mind for a change. After all I have to be with you.

Gnadhi. Bhai. There is no compulsion. You may not accompany us if you do not like.

Nehru. I did not mean that way.

Gandhi. It is OK.

Patel (Looks at Tea man) Hello. Please give us three cups. Use plastic cups only.

Gandhi. Why only plastic cups Patel.

Patel. Bapu, He also has  small glasses too. But they are cleaned in same water again and again after people use them. He does not change water for cleaning.

Gandhi. Poor guy! What he can do. There is no running tap for him.

( In the  mean time  the tea  vendor hands over three empty plastic cups to them)

Patel. Bhai, These are empty cups. Where is tea?

Vendor. You wanted only cups.

Patel ( Angrily) Are you jocking with us.? What will we do here with empty cups?

Vendor. Sorry sir.

( He hands over tea filled cups)

Gandhi. Tea is hot. It is good. After all India is good in this aspect. We get plenty of tea on roadside.

Patel. With your permission I shall see the news paper.

Gandhi. Please  go ahead. After all news paper is meant to be read.

( Patel  read the news paper)

Patel. Bapu… Bapu..

Gandhi. Why are you excited?

Patel. Bapu. Pranab has filed nomination papers for the post of President.

Nehru. Good. I am sure he will win.

Gandhi. Who are the other guys  against him.

Patel. They have given some news. Hill tribe leader and past speaker Sangma is there. There is a lady auto rickshaw driver is contesting.There is one more guy. He is a vendor in tea ship from Gwalior.

Gandhi. That is good. How  nice is our democracy. Any one can contest.

Patel.  Some time ago a  surrendered dacoit also contested. He also got many votes.

Gandhi. Why a separate dacoit should contest now? Hazareji is clear on this aspect.  He  called politicians as criminals and dacoits.

Te vendor. Bhai sahib. You said one tea vendor is contesting.

Patel. Yes, but why

Vendor. It is me. I am from Gwalior city.

Gandhi. I see. Congratulations Bhai. May god bless you with victory. You will bea peoples president like Dr Kalam.

Vendor. Thank you sir.

Patel Bhai. What you will do as President?

Vendor. I shall do same thing as others did earlier. Once I become a President I shall get Jodhpuri suits stitched. Already I have one. I shall have new shoes too.

Patel. You are unable to stand properly. You have a lame leg

Vendor. Where is the necessity? Earlier Shakar Dayal Sharma could not   stand and walk. He was carried from place to place. I am better than him. I have forty years experience  in tea business. I am good at hospitality. I can take care of guests better.

Gandhi. That is good. But you do not know much of English. Can you write and read.

Vendor, Bhai Sahib. All these are not required. Where it is written that a President should know reading and writing? There are other helpers who can do this.

Patel. How  about signing?

Vendor ( shows his thumb) What for this is thee. God has given it for this only. It is accepted in court too. I shall put thumb seal. Look at this stamp pad. I am carrying this always in pocket( He shows the stamp pad)

Gandhi. You are very clever. You can make a good President.

Vendor. Once I become the President I can go to America and get my leg treated. I have some heart problem also. I can get it treated  free.

Patel. Why not?. Surely you must do.

Vendor. Thanks sir. Do you think I hall become the President?

Patel. You have good chances. I wish you become once. It will be a lesson for others. That day will come soon.

Gandhi. I wish it will come soon. My blessings  will be there with you always.

Vendor. Thank you sir. How about an extra cup of tea? You need not pay

Patel. Surely. Thanks for hospitality. You are acting as the President already.

Vendor. Hee..hee..hee

Patel. Ha..ha..aaaa..haa

                                ( All sip  tea   and then go away)

                                       CURTAIN FALLS

No comments: