Thursday, May 20, 2010

INTO THE PAST WITH PAIN.....112

INTO THE PAST WITH PAIN..112
Dr K Prabhakar Rao


(MK Gandhi, Nehru, Rajiv Gandhi, Indira are seen walking on a street in old Delhi. Actually they are the ghosts)

Gandhi. Actually I am tired of staying in other word. I am missing India much. I wanted to see what is happening in this part of world. That is why I forced all of you to accompany me. Hee..hee..Heee

Nehru. True Bapu. I also feel same. Bapu, The problem of changed values has not changed even after Indira has come to us.

Gandhi. In fact I wanted to discuss many things with many characters in India. But they are still living and I can not call them to heavens.

Nehru. Do you think they deserve heavens? Most of them I feel should go to hell

Gandhi. Do you think we deserve heavens? Jawaharlal. All of us are now in heavens enjoying the fruits of good deeds we have done. Once this is over we have to go to hell to suffer for the sins we have committed. All of us have committed sins and some good things. Usually it is believed that the souls after death go heavens first if their good deeds are less. Similarly those have less bad deeds go to hell first. Be prepared. All of us have to one day go to hell to suffer longer and then be born again in some form. Probably we may not be born as human again.

Nehru. In what form we may be born?

Gandhi. It may be an ass, pig, earth worm, crow, wolf, crocodile, as insect that lives in shit pot

Nehru.. chee…chee….

Gandhi. Why worry about it now on which we have no control? Look Indira. Let us what is happening at Birla Mandir where I used to do Bhajan. I am itching to go there ( He gets sentimental ) sings.

Raghupathi raghava Raja ram…
Pateetha Pawana Seetha ram
Ishwar allah tere naam
Sab ko sanmathi de Bhagwan


Nehru. Good Bapu. You are singing very well even after so many years.

Gandhi. What do you mean? I am a born Bhajan singer. I may not sing Like KL Saigal. But surely can sing a good Bhajan. Now Listen to this. (Sings)


Vaishanva jan ko denere ahi ye pena parayyeeee..jaa ni re..ye.

Ye…ye…ye.. eee…ee..eee

( Loud Music is heard. Fast beat song s heard over loud speaker

Cholee ke peeche kya hai… Choli ke peeche kya hai

Rajiv gets in to mood and does some steps singing. Kuk…kuk..kuk)

Nehru. Come on Rajiv. What is happening here? Stop this nonsense How can you do these things when bapu is there.

Rajiv. That means I can do this when Bapu is not there.

Nehru. I did not say that.

Gandhi. Jawaharlal. Leave him alone. Why do you trouble him?

( A Sadhu is seen walking on the road. He is singing)


Baba man ki aankhe khol
Baab man ki aankhe khol
Man ke aaan khe khol baba…aaaa…
Man ki aan khe khol
Duniya kya hai Ek tamasha
Do dino ki jhootee aasha.. (KC Dey from Dhoop chaun.1939)

(Gandhi runs to Sadhu shouting Baba.. please stop.)

Nehru. Bapu come back. What a mad chap he is? Rajiv. Go and catch him and bring him back)

(Rajiv runs on road and catches Gandhi and drags him back)

Nehru. Bapu. Plesae do not run like this on roads. You may be knocked down by a car)

Gandhi. I am already dead. I can not die again. Hee.Heee.Indira . Let us go to rajghat where my grave is there. I have not seen it.

(all of them go there and the sentry stops them)

Sentry. Hey old man. Where are you going. Isthis the time to vist this place. Pack off and come tomorrow.

Gandhi. Look son. Look at me. I am Gandhi. MK Gandhi, Bapu, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Sentry. Don’t call me your son. I have my own dad. No Mohandas is buried here. Go away.

Indira. Can’t you recognize bapu, your Bapu, Our Bapu, He gave you freedom

Sentry. I do not know any one. If each of you pay Rs three I shall allow you.

Nehru. It is shocking. Hey what are you talking? Do you want a bribe from us/ I was the first PM of India

Sentry. I don’t know any one. What I know is money

Indira. Dad . Leave him. Corruption is a world wide phenomenon.

Gandhi. Jawahar. We don’t carry any money. What shall we do

Sentry. Give me that watch hanging at your waist.

( The sentry holds the watch from Gandhi’s waist and pulls it away and pockets it)

Sentry. Now you may going. But come back fast.

Indira. Sentry sahib. What is your name?

Sentry. I am called Cheenlo singh.

Gandhi. come on guys Let us go and see my grave

( all of them go inside and visit the grave of black marble. He gets sentimental and sings Ramdhun)

Sentry. Sir. Here lots of people do Bhajan ( Prayer) every year. Got sick of these guys. The Topiwalah gather here on the day of Gandhi’s death day or birth day and create a big show. They sit down on a carpet and do some charkha spinning. Lot of knee bending. Some leaders can not get up after sitting. They have worn out knees. They have to be pulled up. I do not know what they get by spinning Charkha. This is all a big joke .heee..heee. They want TV coverage and all stretch their necks to get in. haa…haa. Jokers indeed. Once they go back they are at their old tricks and scams and making money. I only asked Rs three each from you. You guys make a mound out of it as if I am a great corrupt man. Those guys make millions every day. The get into all scams and no one gets punished and go to jail. They again get elected. Real tricksters they are. No one catches them. But small people like us are made scape goats and some times dismissed. What goes on here is mere mockery ( sings and does jig)

What goes on here is just mockery
Leaders around know very well the art o treachery
The guys are good and efficient crooks
They rule India at all nooks

Gandhi. I heard about it. I also understand that some of the guys in the evening have drinks too and do al sorts of things after gong back from here.

Nehru. Bapu. Can you stop any one from drinking at his house? It is their wish.

Sentry. What is left? Gandhi nam japna. Paraya ma apna.Ho Paraya maal apna ( Sing Gandhi’s name and swallow others money)


Gandhi. ram.ram… ( closes his ears)

Indira. Bapu and dad. Shall we go to shantivan and shaktisthal I also want to see Sanjays Samadhi.

Bapu. Jawaharlal. We must leave this grave yard at the earliest or else we may loose our clothes. I do not know what types of sentries are here?

Indira (sulking). That may be true. Let us go to some other place.

(They come out of Rajghat and they hear an announcement saying that a public function was to be held at ram Lila Maidan to pay respects to a swami and PM and President ae likely to visit. All are welcome. No ticket will be there.)

Gandhi. Listen all of you. We must go there. It is free.

(All of them rush towards Ramlila Maidan that is close by)



CURATAIN FALLS

No comments: