Wednesday, December 17, 2008

INTO THE PAST WITH PAIN.. IX

INTO THE PAST WITH PAIN….. IX

Prof Dr Colonel K Prabhakar Rao (Retired)


(In heavens, George Washington is seen sitting on a grand seat in a posh room. Two statues of lions are in front of him on the sides. He is majestic and imposing. In the mean time a sentry comes running to him through a door that is kept open)


Washington.. What is the matter soldier?

Sentry. Sir, There are news. Great news to give you sir

Washington. Tell me. What is that? You appear to be highly excited

Sentry. Yes sir. India has been attacked.

Washington. Who attacked? Was it Pakistan as usual?

Sentry. Not directly sir. There has been a great terror attack on Bombay. The terrorists captured some five star hotels and hundreds have been taken hostages and commandos of army are already fighting them. At present great fight is going on,, Sir You may watch on TV also.

Washington. (Gets up smartly and switches on TV and tunes a channel for Indian news. Scenes of terrorist attack are displayed)

(The door opens and John Kennedy walks in. He is smartly dressed in suit. He pays respects to Washington)

Washington. Hello, John, Welcome. Please take your seat. I am watching the Indian news. You know India has been attacked by terrorists

Kennedy. Yes sir. I also learnt. I saw Taj hotel burning. It reminded me WTC attack.

Washington. Poor guys. They have been suffering for the last 60 years due to Pakistan

Kennedy. True. But it is their own self doing.

Washington. How do you say that John.?

Kennedy. Their trouble started in 1948 only. Pakistan attacked India in 1948 trying to occupy Kashmir. India army fought tooth and nail and regained Kashmir except the areas that are now in Pakistans control. India could have regained all these areas had they continued to fight

Washington. . Why they did not fight?

Kennedy. Sir. Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, my close friend of course decided to refer the matter to UNO and called off the war.

Washington. He wanted to go down as apostle of peace, I was told, a Gandhian fad. It looks like that. Now I know. UNO could not decide any thing till date. They are at each others throat. Look John. These Indians do not understand the strategies of war. One should not give long rope to the enemy. Or else you will be buying serious problems. In every war I think they captured areas in Pakistan and again gave back them to Pakistan in good gesture.( Laughs Heee…heee) But Pakistanis did not respond. They took advantage. They think Indians to be some type of cowards incapable to fight to the last.

Kennedy. Sir! Nothing has come through UNO except long discussions and meetings. Pakistan fought two more further major wars and an unofficial war that is called Kargil War and lost all.

Washington. I know. In 1965 war Our Patton tanks supplied to Pakistan earlier could not be handled by them and they brought bad name to us and our weapons

Kennedy. True .. Haaa..haaa.haaa

( ( In the mean time Jawaharlala Nehru and Gandhi both walk in. They wish Washington and Kennedy..)

Washington. Welcome my friend Mr Gandhi. Please take your seat. Recently we met. I never thought you will be back so soon. (Looking At Pandit Nehru) May I know you sir? I am meeting you first time

Nehru. Sir. I am Jawaharlal Nehru, the first prime minister of India

Washington.. Yeah.. Just now Mr Kennedy spoke about you. I am happy to see you here.

Nehru. I see. Thanks sir

Gandhi. ( Looking at Washington) Sir. You must have learnt that Bombay has been attacked by terrorists who came from Pakistan

Washington. Yes. We learnt about it. What you want us to do?

Nehru. Sir We want your moral support against Pakistan

Kennedy. It will be there surely. We are birds of same feather. We also suffered 9/11

Gandhi. Now we also are suffering similar fate. I am happy we are in same boat. Commandos are still fighting at Bombay.

Kennedy. I learnt that your government took many hours to dispatch commandos to Bombay to fight the thugs. Are the commandos in Delhi to enjoy life? Have nice time. Why you could not take safety measures? Terrorists had ample time to kill hostages picking one by one. Americans also have been killed by them. Can you bring our people back to life?

Gandhi.. No..Yeah.. They should have done. Sadly Indians wake up only after some screwing. This is very common with them ..( Sings )

Indian leaders are slow as snails
Most of the time they bite their nails
In free time they plot games for catching votes
And they are masters in pocketing tonnes of notes

( Gandhi does breakdance singing the song)

Nehru. Bapu This is a bit too much

Gandhi. Did I say anything wrong?

The moment I died guys had great relief
They prayed in my memory for a moment brief
Guys became masters in swindling the nation
Talking high of course is today’s fashion

Washington.. Haa. Haa. Well said dear Mr Gandhi. I like it

Kennedy. Mr Nehru. What is going on India now? Do you know why it is happening?

Nehru. Dear Mr Kennedy, I didn’t understand

Kennedy. You were responsible for creating Kashmir problem. When it was in your hand you could not solve. You wanted a great name for you in the views of International forums and referred the matter to UNO. Was it not a blunder? In spite of all this and your non alignment( NAM), you did not get Nobel peace prize

Washington. John Dulles told me that NAM was great joke. It was a sin also, I was told.

Nehru. I could not care- for peace prize.

Washington. Come on guys. What is the use of fighting now over it. Pakistan became a staunch enemy to India. Kashmir is the focal point. Terrorism by Pakistan is due to Kashmir problem. This is no doubt deduced.

Gandhi. I agree. I have a solution. Why can not we hand over Kashmir to Pakistan. We can also give Hyderabad that was taken over from Muslim ruler Nizam 7, Mir Osman Ali Khan Bahadur, Fateh jung, Nizam ul mulk Asif Jah 7.They are after all our brothers. I got them 55 crores of rupees in 1948 although they attacked India. Nizam was my friend too.

Kennedy. If those guys were so much attached to you and had gratitude, they should have made you father of Pakistan. But they made Mohammed Ali Jinnah. So you were shot dead by Nathuram Godse. .. A guy vexed up with your policies as stated by many Indians. I read the book of Gopal Godse, brother of Nathuram Godse. It is stirring.

Nehru. The killers of Gandhi were Hindu fundamentalists, of course

Gandhi. I am happy Godse shot me and removed me from the scene. I was already becoming a bottle neck to the government. I am a happy that he did not miss while shooting. His shooting was accurate at point blank. If I had survived, there would have been problems. God was kind to me. I was already 79 years old. I was already father of nation. If I wanted I could have become President of India without any opposition for my life.

Nehru. Bapu, you are unfair to us.

Gandhi.. Jawahar.. Truth has to be told.

Washington. It is ok. Gentlemen ,You may fight when you go back. We have our own problems, Do not create further to us.

Kennedy. How do you think you can solve problem at Bombay

Gandhi. Any how all the terrorists would be killed. They are handful while Indian troops are many.

Washington. That is not a great show any way. How you are going to prevent attacks in future

Gandhi. I have a good idea. I shall go to Bombay and do some fasting in front of terrorists and later on infront of Pakistan embassy. I shall take up fast upto death

Washington. Do you think they will change? Any how you are dead already. Every one in the world knows it. Then how you are likely to die again?

Gandhi..( Scratches his bald head) Yeaa. It is a problem surely

Washington. Look Mr Gandhi. Do not think that your tricks would work against terrorists, What they understand is a good kick. Give it to them if you can

Nehru. Probably true. I failed to give it. My successor Lal Bahadur gave it in 1965. My daughter gave to Pakistan in 1971. ….

Gandhi.. Giving kick is not the answer. We must change them. We must love them. We must forgive them. We must pardon them.

Washington. Mr Gandhi. You know. Jesus did it . He was crucified. You believe you have done it. Godse shot you. Buddha did it. Many attempts were made to kill him. Listen. Luther king in America did. He was slain, apostle Paul did it. He was slain. A wise and practical person will not pardon his enemy. Enemy will be set right and taught a lesson. In to day’s circumstances our slogans will not work.

Gandhi.. Ok Sir. Thanks for what all you said. We take leave
Of you.

( Gandhi and Nehru move out of the room slowly)
Dr K Prabhakar Rao

No comments: