Sunday, March 9, 2008

AT A BUS STATION

AT A BUS STATION
Prof Dr Colonel (Retired) K Prabhakar Rao

I once went to a bus station
After purchasing a bag of rations
There I saw a crowd of men
While a guy was carrying a country hen

I went to the enquiry window
Behind me was standing an aged widow
A doping guy was sitting in a chair
To reply the sleeping guy had no flair

Then I went to a coffee shop
Where milk was was boiled non stop
The guy in the shop was in looting spree
With no one to check him and he was free

Urchins were sleeping in the chair
I told a guy it was not very fair
The guy gave me a dirtiest look
As if he would kill me and also cook

A bus came in as if it was a race
Waiting men in queue jumped out in one pace
The driver gave me dirty smile
Some thought they lost life for a while

The driver and conductor went for tea
Passengers were running as a busy bee
The bus however displayed no name plate
However fares displayed were of high rate

I sat in the bus to reach my place
At last it moved and I had some solace
Suddenly there was a blast of loud song
I felt as if my head was hit with a steel tong

Some cranky song was played at full blast
My tempers rose high as a ship mast
A guy has hidden a chicken in a bag
And it jumped out of the bag with a bang

The hen flew around here and there
There appeared in the bus a big fan fare
Finally the hen was caught by the guy
Who was chided for bringing it in sly

The conductor came to me for fare
I had no change and he gave a fearful stare
He wrote the balance behind the ticket and gave a smile
And I was sure to forget and reconciled for a while

The bus at last reached my place
I went away in hurry leaving no trace
The balance money was lost as usual
And it was a thing of the past and casual

Indian systems are really weird
Where Swamis and Gurus grow long beard
None can set right the poor nation
Although every guy runs after western fashion

Dr K Prabhakar Rao

No comments: